How many times have you reached behind a product that is slightly squashed or bent to get a perfect piece on a store shelf?
This is where pallet stretch wrapping can make a big difference to your product quality.
Rather than being considered the last activity before your finished product leaves the factory and begins its journey to your customer, pallet wrapping is actually the first step in your fulfilment supply chain.
This step has a huge impact on the condition the of the product reaching stores.
Reducing the amount of damaged product is just one of the ways automatic stretch wrapping can save you money. It can also reduce the amount of film used. And a correctly-specified stretch wrapper can easily keep up with your overall production, without creating a backlog of unwrapped pallets.
You see, automatic stretch wrapping technology has been improving continuously.
Take for example Cube Technology, developed by Robopac.
This intelligent technology automates the process and provides exactly:
- the right amount of film
- at the right position on the load
- with the right containment force
So how many pallets do you wrap per hour?
For ease of calculation, let’s assume 10.
If you operate 10 hrs a day, 5 days a week, 50 weeks in the year, you are wrapping 25,000 pallets a year, yielding significant savings in film—if you use 40% less film.
If you reduce your damaged product by even as little as 0.5%, that’s 125 pallets of product per year that doesn’t end up wasted, with significant financial savings and customer satisfaction implications.
But not all automatic stretch wrappers are created equal.
Top 5 reasons the Robopac stretch wrapper is the right choice for your production line:
- Superior cube technology: The goal of cube technology is to correctly wrap your loads and ensure that they reach your customer in as-made condition. To achieve this, cube technology addresses four key factors required to successfully wrap your load;
- Multi-level variable pre-stretch
- strategic film placement
- multi-level variable containment force
- proactive corner compensation, eliminating the need for corner posts.
Each of these factors protect your product most effectively while using 30 to 50% lesser film.
- A range of pallet wrapping solutions: Your product range, palletiser type and line configuration determine the type of automatic stretch wrapping solution you will need. Foodmach brings to Australia the complete range of turntable, rotary arm and ring style pallet wrappers to suit all types of pallet loads and speeds.
- Integration with other packaging equipment: Foodmach ensures the Robopac pallet wrappers work with your existing line and the new machines are set up and programmed to run optimally with existing automation.
- Speed: Robopac keeps up with the fastest moving FMCG lines stretch-wrapping pallets at up to 130 pallets per hour.
- Support: With Foodmach’s extensive support network locally in Australia and Robopac’s global experience and technology leadership, your pallet wrapper will be supported 100%.
To wrap up, an investment in superior automatic pallet wrappers reduces product wastage and stretch film usage, to ultimately save you money.
Contact Foodmach for a free on-site consultation to find out if Robopac is the right solution for your stretch wrapping needs.
View our pallet wrappers