Join our team!
Join our team!
Foodmach is one of Australasia's largest privately-owned and operated packaging machinery manufacturers and integrators, with engineering sales offices in Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide and Brisbane and manufacturing facilities in Echuca, Victoria.
We've been providing smart solutions for the food, beverage and industrial manufacturing industries since 1972.
- Courage – to take on the challenge, redefine machine connectivity and rewrite the rules of packaging automation
- Passion – for solving problems
- Empathy – for other people
- Ingenuity – to drive innovation
- Integrity – in everything we do
- Commitment – to delivering on our promise
- Accountability – always
Our award-winning, 100-strong team of staff around Australia consists of the best people in the business.
Our strengths are in engineering design, machinery and equipment manufacture, project management, robotics, mechanical, electrical and software engineering and programming, Industry 4.0, OMAC PackML, line management, relocations and safety (risk assessment, safety upgrades, compliance, reporting).
If you feel you embody our values and you have the skills to be part of our family, please get in touch.
Foodmach is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values diversity in the workplace.
SALES MANAGER, NSW
Work Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: By negotiation
Location: Home office
Posted: 10th Feb 2020
You will be responsible for:
- Engaging with new and existing customers by telephone, email and site visits to discuss previous, ongoing or live projects
- Providing technical quotations and pricing for customer enquiries
- Coordinating turnkey solutions for customers
- Engaging with customers throughout the whole sales cycle
- Generating company revenue in new machinery, spares and service orders
- Fielding incoming sales-related calls and providing comprehensive and quick responses to enquiries including generating quotes and proposals
- Managing a sales database (Salesforce) including daily data entry for customers and quotes for forecasting
- Cold calling / Lead generation for prospective new customers
- Making follow up calls for historical projects and customers
- Working with project managers to ensure timely delivery of projects that meet or exceed expectation
- Providing customer liaison for factory acceptance testing, installation and commissioning of projects
- Making OEM enquiries and handling RFQ and process sales specifications
- Working with the sales and marketing team on strategy and market development to grow the business
- Providing and coordinating content for marketing to the communications team
Trade Shows / Exhibitions
- Helping to coordinate trade show organisation within your territory, including planning as part of the application and running of the event
- Working with communications team on stand layout and machinery, display boards and promotional material for the event
- Pre-exhibition calls to arrange customer meetings and raise awareness prior to the show
- Attending all days of the show including setting up and packing down
- Collation and follow up of show leads
The successful candidate will have:
- A Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related fields (preferred but not essential)
- Extensive experience with direct sales in B2B capital equipment and/or processing industry, preferably in the FMCG packaging machinery sector
- Proven sales leadership capability
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to take ownership of customer problem-solving
- A keen interest in technology trends and innovation
- Entrepreneurial flair
- An understanding of brand management and how to maintain brand integrity
- A growth mindset
You will need to be:
- A highly-motivated individual, with a diligent and proactive business attitude
- A self-starter and independent worker as well as an active team player
- Organised with customer files, Salesforce, project management tools, reporting, budgets etc
And able to:
- Demonstrate sincerity and develop trust with customers
- Apply design-thinking to technical challenges
- Handle high workloads and multiple projects
- Clearly formulate and deliver presentations
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated individual with a passion for engineering solutions to work with a team of like-minded, 'can do' people. The offer includes a car allowance, tools of the trade and bonuses.
For further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage applications from people with diverse cultural backgrounds and it is our policy to consider reasonable adjustments for qualified applicants with disabilities.
To submit an application, please send:
- A covering letter
- A statement addressing the key selection criteria
- Your curriculum vitae (CV)
Human Resources Manager
Foodmach Pty Ltd
1 Darling St,
Echuca VIC 3564
Download the job description